Taking care of your driveway, yourself isn’t necessarily the easiest thing to do, and let’s face it, not the most exciting way to spend your free time. Additionally, replacing your driveway can be a very expensive proposition, but, try as you might, you can’t ignore your driveway forever. It’s a part of your residential or commercial property, that is used daily, requiring care and maintenance, such as crack sealing and sealcoating. There may come a time when you do need to replace it.
So, when is the right time to replace your driveway?
- Between the constant freeze-thaw cycles, and the thousands of pounds of metal moving over your driveway, cause a lot of damage, such as cracking and crumbling.
- The driveway pavement has so many cracks that filling them is no longer feasible.
- The pavement is rutted and/or so severely broken, no longer just divots, but looks like the hide of an alligator; what we call alligator cracks.
- When you crack fill over patches of alligator cracks it turns the area into a sheet of crack filling rubber. Then in the summer your vehicle tires can adhere to this area and literally pull the pavement out of the driveway.
- You’ve already over-sealed over the driveway, so often, the cracks look liked cracked glazing on pottery, and you can a knife into it.
- Water seeps into the cracks and ruins the asphalt.
- Older asphalt driveways, 20 years or plus, should be replaced.
Regardless of the age of your driveway, doing repairs can always make your driveway last longer, however, at some point the extra work simply isn’t worth it.
Randazzo Line Striping
Residential and Commercial Asphalt Paving Repairs,
Maintenance and Line Striping
Serving the Flemington NJ,
Hunterdon, Somerset, Mercer, Bucks Counties, PA & surrounding areas.
NJ HIC # 13VH07859900 – PA HIC # PA106692