There’s no hard and fast rule to how often asphalt driveways should be seal coated. This is because there are a lot of factors that go into how long asphalt driveways last before having extensive damage. From when it was last sealed, to the climate in your area and amount of vehicle traffic, asphalt is affected differently.
- Asphalt driveways are typically sealed after 6 months of being installed so it has time to settle. After that, it can last for years before showing signs of damage, discoloration, and wear and tear, from regular vehicle traffic. If you see any cracks in your driveway and haven’t recently had it sealed, then chances are it needs it sooner rather than later.
- The symptoms of a driveway in need of seal coating are easily detectable. Discoloration to a light gray is a sign that your driveway gets an excessive amount of exposure to the sun, rain, and snow. Weather not only takes its toll on the color, but also erodes the surface, leaving it susceptible to cracks and surface damage.
- While the cracks might seem small and harmless, over time they can spread throughout your entire driveway; causing damage that could’ve been avoided.
- In the New Jersey / Pennsylvania area, because we experience everything from icy cold Winters to hot and humid Summers, your driveway will take more of a beating than if you lived in a more moderate climate. As a result, we recommend re-sealing your driveway every 2 to 3 years depending on the current condition, what it’s used for, and the location.
- Keep in mind, having your driveway seal-coated on a regular basis, will extend the life of your driveway and save you money on costly repairs, down the road.
- Some people try to do sealcoating themselves, but fall into a money pit from buying cheaper, inferior sealing products that don’t hold up as well as the high caliber, professional-grade sealers we use. These cheap sealers need to be applied much more often, and can cause damage to driveways over time due to excessive sealing.
- That’s why our sealcoating services are so highly recommended as they give you results that last, and at a price that works for you. Our seal coating formula is guaranteed to provide superior protection for your asphalt driveway, and will leave you with a picture perfect driveway; ready to handle anything you or Mother Nature throws at it.
- It’s important to act now, because sealcoating requires warm temperatures to take effect and work properly.
If you suspect that your driveway is in need of a revitalizing seal coating,
or are unsure, call the asphalt experts at Randazzo Line Striping
We’ll make your driveway look new again and last for years to come.
Proudly serving Hunterdon, Somerset and Bucks County including Flemington, Clinton, and Lambertville, NJ and New Hope, PA area